- Trimmed Pork Belly – cut into 2 inch cubes.
- Coconut Juice
- Whole Thai Chillies
- Brown Sugar
- Sesame Oil
- Juice of one clementine
- Soy Sauce
- Fish Sauce
- Salt and Black Pepper
1. In a medium heated pot, slowly fry off the shallots in sesame oil.
2. Move the shallots to one side of the pot and make a light caramel with brown sugar.
3. Brown the pork belly in the brown sugar and deglaze with clementine juice.
4. Add coconut juice, ginger, thai chilli, fish sauce, and soy sauce.
5. Simmer on low for about two hours (or until falling apart to a firm touch). Make sure to stir occasionally.
6. After turning off the heat, sprinkle on scallions to let them soften from the residual heat.
7. Serve over steamed rice.