I did deviled eggs last fall but I didn’t include a recipe. While I was stuffing my face with these last week I decided that something I love enough to overeat every time I make should be shared. I often find that the simplest things to make taste the best.
- 12 – Eggs.
- 1/2 cup – Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp – Dijon Mustard
- 1 stick – Minced Celery
- 12 Slices – Double Smoked Bacon
- 24 – Cherry Tomatoes
- Salt, Pepper, and Smoked Paprika to taste
- Chopped Chives for garnish
- Hard boil the eggs and take off the shell.
- Cut the eggs, in half, lengthwise and remove the yolk into a bowl.
- Use a fork to mash up the egg yolks and combine with the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, celery, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Fill each egg white with the egg mixture.
- Fry off the bacon and use the smokey bacon fat to cook the cherry tomatoes in on medium heat until they just burst a little.
- Garnish with more minced celery and chopped chives.
- The egg mix can also be used in an egg salad sandwich (egg salad sandwiches with smoked bacon is in my top 10 all time best sandwiches).
- They can be made in advance and stored in the fridge until you are ready to serve them.